Yesterday I spent the day at the Latitude festival. Its the third time I've been and this year was the best year yet i think. I went with my friend Soo and we met up with other yoga friends. Things just seemed to fall into place this year, and we started the day with the beat poet Luke Wright, followed by Wild Birds and Peacedrums, a really unusual and interesting husband/wife combo from Sweden. The weather was Ok ish - bit of rain, pretty windy at first but with lots of sun later on. We saw the Ballet Black at the Waterfront stage and got told of by some old woman for sitting in the 4 feet in front of her that she seemed to think she was entitled to having sat there for 45 mins before the act. I did point out that at a festival of thousands one can't expect a front seat AND 4 feet of empty space in front!! We saw a couple of things in the cabaret tent - Revealing Eve and Stuckey and Murray, and Newton Faulkner and last but not least Grace Jones. I probably wouldn't have bothered for myself as I'm not keen on her at all, but what an amazing show - well worth standing in the rain for an hour for - just can't believe she is sixty!
Apart from the scheduled entertaining we spent lots of time chilling out eating, drinking and people watching - haggis tatties and neeps were delicious! Got home 2ish - and was very glad not to have to be going back to a tent in a field!!
Years in the domain, like tears in the rain
11 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment