I've just completed a weeks work experience with Soo at DoubleSdesign. Soo is a graphic designer running her own business at home. She is also a yoga friend and runs a company designing and selling yoga clothing, Funky Yoga. As well as all that she is a lecturer at Colchester Institute - phew!!
It was really interesting to see how this kind of set up worked and from day one I was involved with producing actual real live work. By the end of the week I had designed a beer bottle label for a commerative event, an ad for weddings at Seckford Hall, updated a couple of websites including one for service disruptions for Ipswich Buses and had a go at designing a logo for a business forum. As well as that I was privvy to the every day business of dealing with clients and experienced having very tight deadlines and ever shifting briefs!
Thanks to Soo for this valuable insight into the real world of graphic design!
I'm also hoping to get various odd days with a few other studios during the summer so that I can see how other setups operate.
Years in the domain, like tears in the rain
11 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment